Topics

ADALM Pluto plugin installed but not visible in SDRangel

pa1rik@...

I have compiled SRDangel from source as the normal linux installation did not work for me. After building the program and including the libiio files required for the pluto, I can now succesfully start the program. I can also see the pluto plugins in the plugins window, but I cannot select it from the dropdown menu. Is there anything else I have to setup first? I just plugged in the pluto, I don know if I have to do anything else.

Thanks

Edouard Griffiths

Are there any unresolved references reported in the log towards the start when the plugins get loaded?

pa1rik@...

2019-01-02 12:11:55.436 (D) PluginManager::loadPluginsDir: fileName:  libinputplutosdr.so
2019-01-02 12:11:55.437 (I) PluginManager::loadPluginsDir: loaded plugin libinputplutosdr.so
2019-01-02 12:11:55.436 (D) PluginManager::loadPluginsDir: fileName:  liboutputplutosdr.so
2019-01-02 12:11:55.437 (I) PluginManager::loadPluginsDir: loaded plugin liboutputplutosdr.so
2019-01-02 12:11:55.440 (D) PluginManager::registerSampleSource  PlutoSDR Input  with source name  sdrangel.samplesource.plutosdr
2019-01-02 12:11:55.440 (D) PluginManager::registerSampleSink  PlutoSDR Output  with sink name  sdrangel.samplesink.plutosdr

It seems like the plugin is loaded and registered correctly. I don understand what you mean by unresolved references. Do you have any idea what I could be doing wrong. Maybe it can see the ADALM-PLUTO? I have no idea.

pa1rik@...

Okay! Quick update. I figured out why the Pluto wasn´t showing up in the list. Turns out you have to run SDRangel with sudo. It didn show this anywhere, and I don know why, but it works for now. Iḿ going to experiment a bit, and try to add my RTL-SDR module as well. I hope this can help someone facing the same problem.

Edouard Griffiths

In fact it is probably that the udev rules are not written properly. Please check the udev-rules folder. There is an install.sh that you can run with sudo and will copy the right udev rules for all devices supported by SDRangel. You should not need to run SDRangel as sudo.