Topics

limesdr not seen (docker on ubuntu)

alexandre CASTELLANE

Hi all,

this was it !?? thanks.

One comment then, did I miss something, or should I clone sdrangel-docker AND sdrangel also afterwards to get this dir ?

Does it make sense to provide the udev dir into sdrangel-docker ?

Now the bad surprise : I came to bare metal because the TX windows was partially unavailable on my virtualbox.

Some history :

using virtual box (ubuntu over windows on another Lenovo PC): I got the TX windows OK first, able to see the antenna selector for example at first test. Then at second test (may be a reboot, or so after) I lost the half bottom of the window, frame is OK, but no pixels.

This decided me to switch to bare metal, and I get the same issue, would this be lenovo hardware related ?

note : apparently I must have solved this limesdr not seen on VB, but I didn't remember it :)

Thanks for support

Alexandre, F5SFU

On 29/04/2019 23:32, Edouard Griffiths wrote:
Hello Alexandre,

I think you missed the udev rules thing. You still need it either in the Docker host or the Virtualbox guest.

For Docker, in a VBox guest replace "host" by "guest":
"In order to be able to access the USB hardware on the host the udev rules must be properly set for your user (or system wide) on the host. The??udev-rules folder??in the SDRangel Github repository contains these rules and a script to install them to be run with??sudo install.sh."

Brgds,
Edouard.

Edouard Griffiths

Hello Alexandre,

I think you missed the udev rules thing. You still need it either in the Docker host or the Virtualbox guest.

For Docker, in a VBox guest replace "host" by "guest":
"In order to be able to access the USB hardware on the host the udev rules must be properly set for your user (or system wide) on the host. The udev-rules folder in the SDRangel Github repository contains these rules and a script to install them to be run with sudo install.sh."

Brgds,
Edouard.

Michael Durkin

odd that " I can't see the card with "lsusb" tough "

give the print out of lsusb .. and uname -a

might need some usb updates .. but shouldn't ...

Is the 3 led's on the Lime flashing all green or any red ?

On 4/29/19, alexandre CASTELLANE via Groups.Io <f5sfu=yahoo.fr@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,

after some troubles I never got the limesdr seen on a virtual linux box,
I decided to run the docker version on a brand new ubuntu bare metal
installation.

after some new troubles, I think I have prepared a docker image on my
linux. But still I can't see the card.

I installed limesdr driver on the bare linux, and the lime test sees the
card properly, but still not the docker. I can't see the card with
"lsusb" tough.

Any idea ? I tried sudo the command, same result.

running it with the command :?? ./run.sh -g -t vanilla?? provides :

[....]

2019-04-29 09:16:14.106 (D) SoapySDRInputPlugin::enumSampleSources: 0
SoapySDR devices. Enumerate these with Rx channel(s):
09:16:14.106535 WARN:???? xtrxllpciev0_discovery:243 [PCIE] XTRX PCIe
driver isn't loaded
libusb: error [_get_usbfs_fd] libusb couldn't open USB device
/dev/bus/usb/004/004: Permission denied
libusb: error [_get_usbfs_fd] libusb requires write access to USB device
nodes.
2019-04-29 09:16:14.116 (D) LimeSDROutputPlugin::enumSampleSources:
Could not find any LimeSDR device
ERROR: Unable to find host: Name or service not known
2019-04-29 09:16:19.122 (D) SoapySDROutputPlugin::enumSampleSinks: 0
SoapySDR devices. Enumerate these with Tx channel(s):
09:16:19.122511 WARN:???? xtrxllpciev0_discovery:243 [PCIE] XTRX PCIe
driver isn't loaded

Best 73

F5SFU

alexandre CASTELLANE