Topics

sending baseband I/Q stream as a ***.sdriq file to the LimeSDR device (“Sink device (T1)”)

Edouard Griffiths

I would expect a FIFO a.k.a. named pipe to work pretty much like a file. The point is how much like...

James Dallas

Not suggesting this be a requirement, but would be interesting to see if this will work using FIFOs as well. There are some projects that really only get as far as generating an I/Q stream (for example dvb2iq). Of course not sure the formats are the same (might require some sort of converter in the pipeline).

If it works great, if not, that's also great.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 4:34 AM Edouard Griffiths <f4exb06@...> wrote:
Issue https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/issues/317 opened

Hi Sergei,

this does not exist at the moment and I did not find a workaround. So perhaps there is a "file channel source" plugin to be created maybe inspired by the "remote channel source". In any case bypassing the channel subsystem is not a good idea I think even if the bandwidth could fill the entire channel space (like the remote source).

A .sdriq file is an interleaved I/Q samples file with an additional header which size is a multiple of the I/Q sample size. It uses signed shorts in 16 bit mode and signed ints in 24 bit mode so if you know the format and sample rate it has been recorded in then you can re-use it directly in GNU radio. There will just be a short blip at the start because of the header.

Brgds, Edouard.

Sergey Kholodenko

Dear Edouard,

I have question on the program SDRAngel.
Sampling source device plugin of LimeSDR (LimeSDR [0:0]) saved the baseband I/Q stream as a ***.sdriq file.
How I should in the SDRAngel program menu to configure the “Sink device (T1)” (LimeSDR) plug-in to read the previously saved ***.sdriq file (baseband I/Q stream) and sending one to the LimeSDR device(without using Modulator/Demodulator channel)?

I implemented a similar task in the GNURadio environment by connecting the “File Source” module in the block diagram to the input of the “LimeSuite Sink (TX)” module (and then selecting the necessary file from the Base I/Q stream in the “File Source” module).

Best regards, Sergei.