Topics

Quick question re: API

James Dallas

Thanks. I'll play with it and report back.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019, 12:33 PM Edouard Griffiths <f4exb06@...> wrote:
Hi James,

see: https://restfulapi.net/statelessness/ so there are no persistent connections you can rely on to store some client context. The internal httplib uses a pool of connections that get released only after a certain amount of time so I think this is handled in a pretty sensible way. You can check the log in debug mode to follow what happens with connections.

Hi James,

see: https://restfulapi.net/statelessness/ so there are no persistent connections you can rely on to store some client context. The internal httplib uses a pool of connections that get released only after a certain amount of time so I think this is handled in a pretty sensible way. You can check the log in debug mode to follow what happens with connections.

Brgds, Edouard.

James Dallas

Hi team,

Does anyone know if the web server component of sdrangel (for the REST API) allows persistent connections / keep-alives?

I had heretofore assumed that each API call was atomic and would require its own connection, but obviously that means the overhead of constantly creating and trashing connections. Performance would be faster if we could re-use a single connection for multiple API requests.

Thanks,

James AD5NL