Topics

REST API in Windows 10 issues in SDRAngel 4.4.5 #windows

Edouard Griffiths

Hi,

there is now a .7z archive available in the 4.5.0 release section on Github that fixes the SwaggerUIBundle issue.

Hi Roger,

I have spotted the error that made the Qt 5.12.1 build capsize but may also have silent consequences in the former Qt versions. It is here: https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/blob/f76ed4a4664b6563292770258da3703df7616d87/plugins/channelrx/demoddatv/demoddatv.pro#L65 "sdrbase" is wrong this should be "sdrgui". The resources file in sdrbase is precisely the one containing the SwaggerUIBundle stuff so it seems to me it could be impacting the proper inclusion of this resource.

Brgds, Edouard.

Roger Rehr W3SZ

Thanks Edouard!

For 4.4.5 I was using your WIndows Build...4.0.3 was my own build.
Do you have any plans to fix this in your build?
I will keep using my 4.0.3 build for now because I am in the middle of another project with a deadline and don't currently have the time to delve into making the 4.4.5 build work here.

Thanks for all that you do!  The REST API gives amazing power and capability to SDRAngel, and with the web page documentation you have made available for it, a 3rd grader could implement use of the REST API in a few minutes using your instructions.  Thank You Very Much for all of it!!!

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ

Edouard Griffiths

It looks like there was an issue at build time. The browser console says "Uncaught ReferenceError: SwaggerUIBundle is not defined
    at window.onload"
I have spotted issues when trying to compile with Qt 5.12.1 where it would simply produce a compile time error complaining about something similar but I thought it was OK until 5.12.1.

Brgds, Edouard.

Roger Rehr W3SZ

This is with LimeSDR using  Version 18.04.1 of LimeSuite and gateware 2.16 loaded in the LimeSDR USB.

If I first access REST API with 4.0.3 using the browser and SWAGGER and then re-send the same query (e.g. curl -X GET "http://127.0.0.1:8091/sdrangel" -H "accept: application/json" ) after shutting down 4.0.3 and starting 4.4.5, I get the proper response from 4.4.5 without error.

 But if I shut down the browser page that was opened and try again to access the REST API via the browser and SWAGGER while 4.4.5 is running I get a blank web page only.

I have to shut 4.4.5 down, restart 4.0.3, bring up the REST API browser page with SWAGGER, shut down 4.0.3 and restart 4.4.5, and then I can again access the REST API via the browser and SWAGGER with 4.4.5 running.

73,  Roger Rehr W3SZ

Roger Rehr W3SZ

Hi,

I just installed 4.4.5 release for Windows and running SDRAngel 4.4.5 on Windows 10 I have noticed 2 issues:  a new problem with the REST API and a problem with GPS control.  Both of these were working perfectly in SDRAngel 4.0.3 on Windows 10.

I had been using the REST API both via webpage and via a C# app that I wrote to programatically sweep LimeSDR frequency with SDRAngel 4.0.3 GUI with no issues at all; everything was working perfectly.

Today I upgraded to SDRAngel 4.4.5 GUI and I find that the swagger SDRAngel weblink no longer works:  a blank webpage is produced when I use URL: http://127.0.0.1:8091/doc/swagger-ui/index.html#/DeviceSet/devicesetChannelSettingsGet

And my C# App which had been working perfectly with no problems with SDRAngel 4.0.3 causes SDRAngel GUI to crash.without giving any error messages...SDRAngel just disappears from the screen when my app sends it a json steam.  My app is trivial, it just sends a json stream to the URL "http://127.0.0.1:8091/sdrangel/deviceset/1/channel/0/settings", and again was and still is working perfectly with SDRAngel 4.0.3 but not with 4.4.5.

I am hoping that someone can point me to the changes in the SDRAngel REST API that are causing these issues so that I can correct this situation here.

Also, the GPS function in SDRAngel had been working fine in 4.0.3 (with a couple of LimeSDRs).  With 4.4.5 when GPS is activated in SDRAngel, SDRAngel stops responding with no error message and must be exited and restarted.

Thanks in advance and 73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ