Topics

using Pluto over the network

majodi@...

On my Ubuntu I installed sdrangel_4.5.0-1_amd64.deb but that didn't do the trick (i.e. the Pluto doesn't appear in the sampling device list). "/opt/install/libiio/bin/iio_info -n pluto.local" does however show me its attributes. Do I have to do something else/extra?

Majodi

this is supposed to be fixed at the HEAD of master branch with this commit: https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/commit/af2cb5462c8f0bfce350c3c0c21fe2a8aa722d4c

Brgds, Edouard.

majodi@...

Thnx, I will have to look into that (don't know much about Soapy). But why is Soapy needed if sdrangel is already using libiio that can talk with the Pluto? Seems a bit over complicated and as an extra layer.

Majodi

unixpunk

You can run SoapyRemote with my firmware on the Pluto and then it will
show in sdrangel if you have all the Soapy req's met:
https://github.com/unixpunk/PlutoWeb/releases/tag/2.9.2

--Steve (unixpunk)

Hello,

How do I use my Pluto over the network (LAN)? The Pluto is connected and
can be seen using "iio_info -n pluto". Sdrangel is using libiio, so why
doesn't it see my Pluto? Do I have to provide the ip address somewhere?

Thnx,

Majodi

majodi@...