Re: sending baseband I/Q stream as a ***.sdriq file to the LimeSDR device (“Sink device (T1)”)

Edouard Griffiths

Hi Sergei,

this does not exist at the moment and I did not find a workaround. So perhaps there is a "file channel source" plugin to be created maybe inspired by the "remote channel source". In any case bypassing the channel subsystem is not a good idea I think even if the bandwidth could fill the entire channel space (like the remote source).

A .sdriq file is an interleaved I/Q samples file with an additional header which size is a multiple of the I/Q sample size. It uses signed shorts in 16 bit mode and signed ints in 24 bit mode so if you know the format and sample rate it has been recorded in then you can re-use it directly in GNU radio. There will just be a short blip at the start because of the header.