Re: OSX : After iMovie update Strangel crash on start #osx

Gaston LU5AGQ

Hi Z, I bet mine is the same model:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

So I'm not sure why this is happening to me. Maybe something with the GPU?

I'm opening to make any test you or anyone wants.

Thanks for your help.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 10:58 AM Žiga S. <ziga.svetina@...> wrote:
Hey Gaston,

now I understand what you are trying to show...
I actually don't experience the same effects like you with mouse over.

Same effect I can reproduce, when I drag slowly Broadcast FM Demod panel,
which on my machine produces more processing which, results in some insufficient bandwidth or clock speed,
while handling the drag and GUI rendering + device sampling.

I would relate this problem to an actual performance of the machine:
Mine is: Core i7 2.5GHz - L3-6MB(I7-4870HQ), 16GB DDR3L .... system bus runs at: 5GT/s
My guess is that your HW performs lower bandwidths in case of Qt/GL event/signals handling,
threfore your HW properties should have been lower than mine, and this effect is already seen with mouse action.

What do you say?

Cheerz, Z