Re: Python script creating a software VOX circuit for SDRAngel PTT

James Dallas

Siegried,

Python has a pretty large user base and there are a lot of code examples on stackexchange and other forums that I drew inspiration from.

It has some quirks (particularly in 2.x) but Python is a very easy language to learn and to use. Unlike Java (which is my other weapon of choice) I don't have to spend much time thinking about how classes work/object models.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 3:56 PM Siegfried Jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

james you must be a very clever guy :-)

i could not do that

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 22.03.2019 um 20:30 schrieb James Dallas:
Ideally I'd like to change that architecture to something more like this, because I think it would be easier to use, perform better and be more powerful, but this is very much a "long-term" goal:

image.png

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 3:13 PM James Dallas via Groups.Io <jim.dallas=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Marty:

voxangel doesn't directly control relays.

voxangel sends messages using the REST API to control SDRAngel devices.

SDRAngel then sends messages to relayngel to control relays and such.

Here is a diagram of the data flow in the voxangel/SDRAngel/relayngel ecosystem:

image.png

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 2:56 PM Marty Wittrock <martywittrock@...> wrote:

James,

Looks like 'VOxAngel' will still control serial devices and other 'smart relays'. Will there be provisions to set the relay to a certain COM port and then define the ON and OFF strings necessary to control relays of that kind?

Keep me advised - great work on this..!

73 de Marty, KN0CK