Re: Does SDRAngel employ a PTT feature, and how does it handle USB relays...?

Siegfried Jackstien

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/8Qn3vw8915JaZiv5bYzuBJWg1Ic4kibOcus1BhTJcrS/zab_iPx5TeW5JphOThxVQg

relay driver software

If you nedd the soft and C++ code to control this device, just contact us on amazon!(copy fro this device)

https://www.amazon.com/KNACRO-1-Channel-Module-Square-interface/dp/B071VJ628X/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=usb+relay&qid=1552537092&refinements=p_36%3A1253503011&rnid=386442011&s=electronics&sr=1-5

.....this seems to use the hid driver................................

<https://www.amazon.com/LM-YN-2-Channel-Module-Control/dp/B075GLQQC9/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=usb+relay&qid=1552537092&refinements=p_36%3A1253503011&rnid=386442011&s=electronics&sr=1-7

and this uses ch340 usb sewrial contro chip (installs as a comport) ... and you send the right comand in the right speed to that comport

so there are hid boards ... and so to speak com port boards

greetz

sigi dg9bfc

Am 14.03.2019 um 03:58 schrieb James Dallas:

FYI this is one of the two gizmos I ordered today, and I think based on Marty's description the one he is using:

https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN%C2%AE-LCUS-1-module-intelligent-control/dp/B01CN7E0RQ/

The basic plan is to see if I can adapt the existing reverse API python script to send the serial commands instead of just echoing to console.

If I get this working (I am expecting delivery on Friday or Saturday and see this as maybe a three hour coding project), will upload to github and update the group.

I also ordered a SainSmart 4-relay board, and have a couple of the HID API boards from previous projects sitting out in the garage.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:49 PM James Dallas via Groups.Io <jim.dallas=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
To Marty's point, I was thinking about making a small utility to listen for reverse API requests and then use that to trigger USB relays. The problem is that in shopping today I noticed there are at least three different kinds of relays on Amazon (FTDI/CH based USB-to-serial devices as well as devices using the HID API). Not to mention that a more creative person might, say, bang together an arduino or raspberry pi with a relay hat.

The more I think about the logistics -- and I was one of the people originally begging him on this issue! -- the more I realize that Edouard's position is the most sane one. Not because the work would be hard per se (I'm not a programmer) but because supporting every hardware combination imaginable would very quickly get to be tedious and waste time he might better spend supporting the core of sdrangel.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:27 PM Edouard Griffiths <f4exb06@...> wrote:
Hello Marty,

I think this has been discussed already a long time ago and eventually I came up with the idea of a REST API. "It would greatly simplify this whole issue" may be for you but not for me (the author) nor any contributor to the code. If you have a specific hardware then it is up to you to deal with it and integrate it with SDRangel in a bigger bundle. Making it part of the mainstream code would import bloats of code unrelated to the prime purpose of SDRangel and make it even harder to read and harder to maintain than it is today. So unless someone forks out the project this is not going to happen.