Re: Does SDRAngel employ a PTT feature, and how does it handle USB relays...?

Michael Durkin

I don't have a link for Marty's hardware .. but perhapse an option for
the Ensemble/Softrock Si570 could also be used ..

pe0fko.nl/SR-V9-Si570/

And if i remember .. some one ported the code to Pic32 IC too ...

On 3/13/19, James Dallas <jim.dallas@...> wrote:
Hi Marty,

I think the API and Reverse API should be useful for this. I've been
tinkering with the API and might be able to find something useful to say
about this with a few hours of experimentation.

The Wiki page for the Reverse API specifically mentions the idea of using
it for hardware control: https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/wiki/Reverse-API

Could you forward me an Amazon or eBay link for the USB relay you are
using? Would like to have a common hardware context.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 11:57 AM Michael Durkin <Kc7noa@...> wrote:

Ok, i guess were going to haft to get Sid to help a little too ...

Seems , to me ,that were going to use the API..

Does the USB device act like a Serial device or HID ( not that i know
what a HID truly is )

I know that Quisk can use the USB/Si570 USFSDR softrock/ensemble
controller through C++ It is/was USB device ... so i guess that - that
code could be modified to send what the USB/Realy board is looking for
and for the C++ to look for the Device ID of the USB/Realy board
rather than the Si570 controller -- which by the way -- also had a
reduced relay/bandpass filter controll -- i think it had 4 possible
lowpass filters

Not sure ...

On 3/13/19, Marty Wittrock <@martywittrock> wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]

Mike,

<crickets>...I am by far the biggest supporter of this software for the
LimeSDR and have been for over a year and it's making me 'simmer' that
cannot get an answer to ANY inquiry I post on this forum...What is up
with
that..?

Marty