Re: Does SDRAngel employ a PTT feature, and how does it handle USB relays...?

Michael Durkin

Any reply Marty?

On 3/12/19, Marty Wittrock <@martywittrock> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know for certain if there a Push-To-Talk (PTT) feature in
SDRAngel that mutes the receive channel while the transmitter is engaged and
will release the transmitter and enter receive with audio when deactivated?
I haven't seen this on the SDRAngel GUI and would like to have Half-Duplex
capability. Is this a part of SDRAngel now (if it is, I haven't seen it) or
is this employed in the REST API and if so, are there any examples to see
how this is done?

Also, does anyone know if SDRAngel employs a means to identify and
activate/deactivate USB relays? I have a USB relay that acts like a COM port
device and requires the following command strings to engage/disengage the
relay:

ON = 0xA0 0x01 0x01 0xA2

OFF = 0xA0 0x01 0x00 0xA1

Is it possible to employ this kind of USB relay either in SDRAngel or though
the REST API and if so, are there any examples to see how this is done?

Any information on the above will be greatly appreciated. I recently used
SDRAngel to operate in Beacon Mode (transmit only) on WSPR using the LimeSDR
and a 3W brick amplifier and it performed excellent..! So now I'm off to see
if I can add half-duplex to the Lime using SDRAngel so I can run WSPR and
other digital modes using the Lime for further research.

Thanks in advance for the information - 73 de Marty, KN0CK