Re: Stupid API tricks (notes on things I am playing around with just for amusement).

James Dallas

Hi Eduoard,

I was just able to get RYRYRY to work readably, if not reliably (error about every 5-10 characters), after adding the start/stop bits.

I'll keep experimenting. My guess is that it's just t about the cusp of being workable, hoping going to a more "real time" language will help. But your point re: latency is well taken, that is why I described it as a "stupid" and possibly abusive trick.

However, for FSK modes that are slower than RTTY... maybe WSPR (4FSK at something like 1.5 baud...).? Lots of fun to be had!

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:05 AM Edouard Griffiths <f4exb06@...> wrote:
Hi James,

could be fun indeed but for your point #1 bear in mind that the REST API is not designed for real time operation in particular mind the network latency if not using localhost. However RTTY is relatively slow so this may work. The point #2 seems more reasonable. I don't remember the length limit for the CW string (or if there is one) but this should not be too hard to find in the code. The CW keyer is in the sdrbase/dsp folder.