Re: OpenSuse Tubmbleweed no audio

Michael Durkin

Is alsa-devel installed? Sounds like it probably is since you did not get a compilation error but I have installed from fresh open Seuss and missing packages is my hardest thing to figure out but seems to be functioning well considering ... 

I assume you got SdrAngel from the Repository ...?

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019, 12:14 PM Rick Kunath via Groups.Io <k9ao=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I've installed sdrangel from the mhaucke repo onto OpenSuse Tumbleweed. I have an RSP2 Pro connected and sdrangel sees the sdr (it does not see my RSPduo though). I can select it, have a channel window up and can see audio in the demodulator window abd on the demodulator small waterfall, but I never get any audio out.

Looking at a terminal I get the below error any time I change the audio device selection (audio works fine on other applications):

2019-03-09 10:30:51.164 (W) AudioDeviceManager::setOutputDeviceInfo: index: 20 device: ladspa_output.mbeq_1197.mbeq no FIFO registered yet hence no audio
output has been allocated yet

I do see the source in the Pulseaudio volume control but there is no actual audio being piped to it.

I needed to set the working directory for sdrangel to /usr/lib/ to get it to find the needed libs it needed to launch. I think everything is working as expected except for the audio output feed.

Ideas are appreciated for this new user, and thanks to the developer for an excellent application...

Rick Kunath

Join sdrangel@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.