Re: AFC provision for DSD digital voice modes.

Edouard Griffiths

Hi David,

we're talking about AFC here right? Because you mention "AGC" somewhere as well. So assuming it is AFC as in the title I don't really see a need for that. The issue is either Rx stability which is unlikely or Tx stability which is much more likely. I noticed that some transmitters even on pro networks are not very solid on their center frequency as I see the figure on the "magic eye" moving around the center. Usually this is not bad enough to cause significant disturbance on the decoding that has already the provision to accept some fluctuations. This has to be in the area of 100' Hz not kHz though.

Best regards,
Edouard.