SDRAngel SSB Modulator #windows

Dana Shtun

Why isn’t this done automatically?…carrier suppression, CW tone, etc…can’t this be pre set or automated?
Just wondering to avoid all this fiddling…

Dana

On Jan 18, 2019, at 04:07, Antonio Gutierrez via Groups.Io <antonio_gutierrez2003@...> wrote:

Hi Michael,

I am sorry you damaged the TX. In USB, the carrier changes amplitude it is true, but it is always there. In AM, FM and WFM the carrier should be there at the top. That changes when you change the TX value, yes. That is not the point. The question is to get the carrier suppressed as it was done in 435MHz. So the difference should be 40dB at least.
This spike makes LimeSDR to work delivering a continuus signal, so breaking it is easier if ou increase power and in addition you get a higher IMD.
My last test is with 50dB gain in High, I get 10db under the modulation inserting compresor. That is more acceptable.

I hope it can be solved by SW.
Thanks for answering

Kind regards
Antonio

On Thursday, January 17, 2019, 11:32:54 PM GMT+1, Michael Durkin <Kc7noa@...> wrote:

ok, i do have an older build .. but i do get a difference in carrier
level when adjusting the gain control for Tx ... and i did damage my
Tx1_1 with a self osscill(CRAP)ing Amp ..