Re: Change in binary distributions from Github

f4inx

Hi Edouard,

Are you against binaries, or are you against providing them on GitHub ? If you are just against providing them on GitHub, maybe we should just discuss another place to put them. If you don't have time anymore to make them, which I would perfectly understand, maybe we can found an other volunteer to make them. If you are against binaries at all, I don't know.

Best regards,
Hadrien

Le 22/02/2020 à 12:46, David J Taylor via Groups.Io a écrit :
Hi David,

I feel sorry for loyal Windows users especially you who is at the origin of this very discussion group. However a rule has to be a rule and the same rule for everybody. So on Github there will the source code and only the source code plus related documentation. The Github guys are nice enough to tolerate binaries in the assets section of the releases but if this was my decision I would simply ban it. If I reconsider building binaries this will be outside Github for sure probably using some CI infrastructure. I certainly want to dissociate the Github repository for the source and somewhere else yet to be found for the artifacts.