Re: Change in binary distributions from Github

David J Taylor

Hi David,

I feel sorry for loyal Windows users especially you who is at the origin of this very discussion group. However a rule has to be a rule and the same rule for everybody. So on Github there will the source code and only the source code plus related documentation. The Github guys are nice enough to tolerate binaries in the assets section of the releases but if this was my decision I would simply ban it. If I reconsider building binaries this will be outside Github for sure probably using some CI infrastructure. I certainly want to dissociate the Github repository for the source and somewhere else yet to be found for the artifacts.

Brgds, Edouard.

Edouard,

Hosting files for distribution should not be an issue. I would be happy to spare a few hundred megabytes for hosting, say, the current Windows version and one back, and I have unlimited download bandwidth.

Having the group as the contact point means that you could redirect any direct personal e-mails concerning the "unsupported" versions here, for peer-to-peer support. I have to do this for some of my software where I simply don't know the answer, and I think that people appreciate that I am a "team of one person". The discussions might even trigger some useful input for the Linux version!

I am happy to help where I can.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu