Re: Change in binary distributions from Github

Edouard Griffiths

Hi David,

I feel sorry for loyal Windows users especially you who is at the origin of this very discussion group. However a rule has to be a rule and the same rule for everybody. So on Github there will the source code and only the source code plus related documentation. The Github guys are nice enough to tolerate binaries in the assets section of the releases but if this was my decision I would simply ban it. If I reconsider building binaries this will be outside Github for sure probably using some CI infrastructure. I certainly want to dissociate the Github repository for the source and somewhere else yet to be found for the artifacts.