Re: Low quality reception (?) with sdrangel vs gqrx #github

Brian Whelan

Low gain setting????

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019, 11:34 cartellicartelli, <spelta@...> wrote:
Hello everyone, here's a newbie question.
Running SDRAngel on Linux, git commit acd08925368ba1ee2f35469314abdc4dea02a1fe (v 4.12.1).
Hardware is RTL-SDR.

I was trying to tune to FM broadcast radio and demodulate it.
The spectrum though looks quite "bad" - the peaks aren't much as expected and they are low.
Here's a pic when showing the "max hold" (red line) : https://ibb.co/kD8g0sd

I fiddled with the antenna to no avail.

Then I tried gqrx and surprisingly the signal looked much neather: several clean spikes as one would expect on the FM broadcast range 88-108.
Here's a pic:
https://ibb.co/8Dxsrkg

So I guess it's a matter of configuration.
What could have I done wrong?
Here's the settings.
https://ibb.co/BTmrbTB

Thank you very much for any help!