Topics

Y-Combinator: free online startup school (deadline August 4th)

There is a difference between startup founders and independent professionals, but there is also a good deal of overlap too. While most of us aren't generally looking for venture capital funding I thought this was an interesting opportunity and decided to pass it on. The startup accelerator "Y-combinator" has set up a free online "startup school" and it is open to everyone. If you have never heard of "Y-combinator" it is based in San Francisco and is the most famous accelerator in the world. The companies they have helped launched include Dropbox, Stripe, Airbnb and many others.

Some companies get funded just by getting accepted and it is said to be harder to get in than Harvard Business School. Several years ago, I took a similar MOOC (massive open online course) in "entrepreneurial technology" from Standford University and I learned a great deal from it. The timing is right for me on this one because I have just started learning more about database technology with a funded private instructor and intend to use this class in conjunction with that. This started two days ago on July 22 and the deadline to join is August 4th if anyone is interested. https://www.startupschool.org/