Topics

Personal Productivity Systems: Comparing Notes

San Diego Independent Business Professionals (SDIBP) will be meeting this coming Thursday, June 20th, 1:30 PM at "Charlie's Best Bread" in Pacific Plaza (1808 Garnet between Kendall Street & Lamont Street).

For this month's meeting, we would like to do something a little different and a little less formal. We are going to get together to talk about the systems we have built for our own information management, contact data management, planning/scheduling and GTD (getting things done); communication tools and techniques, and anything else you have come up with as a self-employed professional to make your business life a little more efficient. Rob Gordon, founder of the group will be moderating and will be describing systems he has come up with of for task management, systems integration and producing a custom CRM (customer relationship management) system for your business without having to pay some fat monthly fee.

We would like to learn more about the systems you use as well, so we are calling this a "comparing notes" session. You know how you always learn something new when you work with another person on their own computer - everyone does things a little differently. As independent professionals, we don't get that experience nearly as often as people who work for bigger organizations do, so this is a small attempt to leverage our knowledge in these areas.  Also, most of what Rob uses will be Google-based systems but we all use different platforms or a mix of platforms - Apple, Microsoft, and others so you are welcome to discuss what you like best - we are here to learn from each other.

Please bring your laptop so you can show us your productivity systems. It is not required - if you use systems on your smartphone more often bring that, or if you don't want to just a notepad and a pen.  This should be fun - please consider joining so we can have a chance to learn from each other.