Topics

Help

Natalie Thompson

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 17:00 Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your continued support of SDIBP (San Diego Independent Business Professionals). Yesterday's meeting was fun and interesting.  Professional Business Coach Janina Goldberg presented some useful techniques for time management and showed us a "matrix" she uses to help her clients make scheduling decisions. She also led us in a discussion about the techniques we use for managing our own "time and energy". Among the most popular: a "no distractions" time and zone where social media is off limits and friends and family know you are unavailable, and "time blocking"- working on a single task or project for a pre-scheduled period of time. It was also discussed that while no "system" works for everyone, it is important that everyone has some system set up that works for them. Many thanks to Janina for sharing her knowledge and expertise with our group.

As a reminder, there will be no meeting in August but meetings will resume on September 19th and the "third Thursday" thereafter. That doesn't mean we are going away though - there are a few other groups in San Diego somewhat similar to ours and we may be announcing some of their meetings here. We also hope to announce some online services fairly soon, but in the meantime, you should feel free to use this shared email list (listserv) as a discussion platform. I haven't had the time to do much "community building" here by making my own posts but we have lots to talk about so don't be shy about making any post with a question or topic related to small and independent business or the self-employed.

Happy Friday - hope your weekend is getting off to a good start.

Rob

Rob Gordon

Phone Number:     858-848-5001
Business Email:     rob@...