THIS THURSDAY: Leadership for Self-Employed Professionals

Hi Everybody,

As a reminder, SDIBP (San Diego Independent Business Professionals) will be meeting this Thursday, 1:30 PM at our usual place: Charlies Best Bread in Pacific Beach. We meet on the third Thursday of each month with the exception of August and December, and with our summer break over it is time to roll up our sleeves and get back to business.

This month we will be having a discussion about a topic we have never before addressed directly: the whole concept of "leadership" and what that means for self-employed professionals. To lead this discussion, we are delighted that management consultant Heidrun Ziche has agreed to share some of her considerable knowledge on this topic with us. Heidrun is an international business woman who has lived and worked in three continents and has worked with corporate executives in almost every country in the world. Besides being an attorney, economist, mediator, and certified coach, Heidrun is also an athlete and who competes in running and triathlon events.

While independent professionals may not have employees or "teams" in the traditional sense, we all have stake-holders, customers, prospects and other people we work with. Heidrun will show us how to stand out and become a respected leader in our business and communities, and we are really happy to have her present to this group.

It is not easy to get a speaker of this caliber so please make an extra effort to join us.  These meetings are fun and it is also important for us to connect and catch up with each other.  The world is changing, and we have lots to talk about.  Hope to see you there.