Re: THIS THURSDAY: A Crash Course in Managing your Time and Schedule

Thanks Wendy - but there's no need to announce publicly if you can't make it. There's about a hundred people on this list and if everyone did that there would be a lot of "I can't make it" messages" :-)

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019, 10:28 AM Wendy Lynn Kitts <info@...> wrote:

Hi Rob – thanks for letting me know but I can’t make it this week.

From: sdibp@groups.io [mailto:sdibp@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob Gordon
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 10:23 AM
To: sdibp@groups.io
Subject: [SDIBP] THIS THURSDAY: A Crash Course in Managing your Time and Schedule

Hi everyone,

Remember, the "third Thursday" is this week so we will have our usual meeting at Charlie's Best Bread in Pacific Beach. Professional business coach Janina Goldberg will be leading a discussion about, "time and energy management" an issue we all have to deal with so this should be an interesting meeting. I have pasted the event description for this meeting below - it was announced last week on Meetup.com, Eventbrite, and Nextdoor. Please try to make this meeting if at all possible; we won't be meeting in August and there are a few announcements I want to make about the group - and I want us all to reconnect before we start "summer mode" in earnest. Hope to see you there!

--

San Diego Independent Business Professionals (SDIBP) will be meeting on Thursday, July 18th, 1:30 PM at "Charlie's Best Bread" in Pacific Plaza (1808 Garnet between Kendall Street & Lamont Street).

This month's meeting will be a discussion about "time and energy management" led by Janina Goldberg, a professional business coach who specializes in personal productivity and work-life balance. Janina spent more than 20 years in the pharmaceutical industry, documenting processes, creating and delivering end-user training, overseeing and educating support teams and learning about efficiency and effectiveness before deciding to take her talents outside of the corporate world.

Janina understands that most entrepreneurs and small business owners really want to make a difference in the world but this often comes at a huge price: missing a sense of accomplishment, losing sight of the positive impact of their work and becoming a slave to their calendar. To address this issue, she has developed a set of tools, techniques, and approaches to help build awareness of our schedule and effectively manage "time" - our most important and critical resource.

Balancing work, business and personal time is an enormous challenge for self-employed professionals so we are delighted that Janina has offered to share her insights and considerable knowledge with us. She has indicated that she prefers to "lead a discussion" rather than just give a presentation so feel free to bring your questions, ideas, and issues about personal productivity, time management and scheduling to this meeting.

SDIBP is for independent contractors, freelance workers, small business owners (including home based) and anyone else working outside of the traditional employment system. It was previously named "Beach Area Self-Employed" but is being expanded to be a regional association with improved online and virtual services in addition to this monthly real-world meeting.

Our meetings are partly informal networking and partly a moderated discussion on a small business topic. There is no charge (support the venue) and anyone is welcome to attend. Since we know how much self-employed folks value their time, everyone is generally in and out within one hour. This is a great opportunity to learn something new while meeting some really smart and creative local professionals so we hope you will consider joining us.