Re: Anyone know of a good lightweight text editor? #technology

jonathanwyu

Hey Rob,

My two favorites are Atom https://atom.io/ and DocPad https://www.gammadyne.com/docpad.htm - Atom is more of a developer/code editor, but is extremely extensible.

I know a lot of folks that swear by Sublime Text https://www.sublimetext.com/ too. And all of them have spell check :-)

Happy evaluating!

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, 01:10 Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:
Hey guys (and gals) - I'll update you about the SDIBP meeting on Thursday sometime tomorrow  - I actually have a hidden agenda, but right now I am up late and was wondering if anyone knows of a good lightweight text editor.  On the PC these would usually be called a "Notepad replacement" because they come with more functionality than notepad, but not that much more functionality.  This group has both writers and computer folks/programmers, and both those professions tend to make heavy use of text editing so I thought this might be a good place to ask.  I have tried a few - I have Notepad++  on my computer but don't like that.   One called NoteTab looks interesting but it is paid system - doesn't cost too much but I would like to get the best one.   I would like the ability to add a title before the file gets saved, autosave capability, markup for bold, italics, etc, spell check (not all have this if you can believe it).  I would also like some kind of filing system / exploring / tags etc.   I am using on called "Desktop Wiki" and I like it but I am wondering if there is anything else out there.   Well, now that I have confused you all I hope you are having an awesome evening for the night birds who are still up with me, or an awesome morning for the early birds who are reading this before I wake up.