Re: [NLC Alumni Network] Fwd: Please forward: Flash Webinar on CARES Act with Oscar Perry Abello

Any and all information is welcome.  Thank you.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 1:59 PM Jacqueline Kowalik <hello@...> wrote:
Rob, I'm just trying to offer more information. Hope it helps.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020, 1:58 PM Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:
There is no "early prepayment penalty" though, and the interest rate is like 1 percent.  I don't see much downside in at least trying - most of us won't qualify for unemployment.  Also, it is not "a chain" - I wrote it and take responsibility for it - and anyone can answer back if they think it is some kind of scam.  Thanks for the link though - there are online meetings all the time about this.  I am jumping into one now. 
Rob Gordon

Phone Number:     858-848-5001
Business Email:     rob@... 
Website URL:        http://Action.Associates    

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 1:13 PM Jacqueline Kowalik <hello@...> wrote:
There is a chain going in our group about the money being distributed by the government as I mentioned there are caveats to what determines amounts and loan vs grant. It's not always a 10k grant that doesn't need to be paid back.  

Below is a link to a webinar with an economist to go over the cares act. 

Lots of little rules here that haven't been talked about.

For a lot of us the best bet would be filing unemployment. But that will vary depending on employee count, AP debts and more. 

For anyone who wants to learn more about what's included in the CARES Act (the $2.2 trillion relief package from the federal government), Next City is hosting a webinar with Senior Economics Correspondent, Oscar Perry Abello. More information below. 

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 5:39 AM
Subject: Please forward: Flash Webinar on CARES Act with Oscar Perry Abello
To: Efrem Bycer <ezbycer@...>,

Hello, board members,

Even as we pursue our own application to the federal Paycheck Protection Program, we are doing our best to inform readers at the same time. 

Next City's senior economics correspondent, Oscar Perry Abello, has immersed himself in this legislation and talked with lenders. He will take questions during a flash webinar on Friday at 1 p.m. ET about the new federal support programs. Registration for this special webinar is entirely open, since it's pay-what-you-wish to attend. Please forward this announcement to anyone who might need some advice on how to proceed. 

Flash Webinar: The 411 On The CARES Act Support for Small Businesses and Nonprofits

At that link, there is also a form to submit a question to Oscar in advance. He will reply during the live webinar. Answers he doesn't know he will try to report out ASAP via stories for Next City or on social media.

We're moving as quickly as possible to inform readers. Expect to see two stories tomorrow from Oscar published at nextcity.org about this process, including a utilitarian breakdown about the application process.

We have never launched a webinar with only a day to promote it. Again, please forward this registration page to anyone who might benefit.

Thanks,
Lucas

---

Lucas Grindley
Executive Director
NextCity.org | (267) 239-0762

Connect with me: Twitter | Facebook | Donate

--
Find me on Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLC Alumni Network" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to nlc-alumni+unsubscribe@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nlc-alumni/CACZ8SWPXHYy%2B%2B%2B%2B2GgcvAVh2B8zSFHpGZnX96jDb1ReZsUdbmQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Join sdibp@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.