Re: Is Self-Employment being Criminalized?

Hi everyone - reminder that we will be meeting in a little more than an hour at Charlie's Best Bread in Pacific Beach.  Not sure how many people will come because I have announced in a few different places but it should be an interesting discussion.    Hope you can make it but if not here are a few articles to brief you on what is going on - but they obviously just scratch the surface of a very big issue.   This will likely be our "first word" on this topic, not our last one because we have lots to talk about.

Rob

 California is attempting a massive labor experiment that could grow into a disaster for millions of workers
https://www.businessinsider.com/california-labor-jobs-law-bad-confusing-freelance-workers-2019-11

Ruling on independent contractors leaves entrepreneurs in limbo
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/10/25/ruling-on-independent-contractors-leaves-entrepreneurs-in-limbo/

California's New Gig Law, AB5, Ignores the Growing Role of Remote Work
https://www.smallbizlabs.com/2019/11/californias-new-gig-law-ab5-ignores-the-growing-role-of-remote-work.html