Source of mobile drive-on supports

Phil (M0PBZ)

Hi,

Does anyone know where one can source one of those drive-on mast supports? I am planning on doing some portable work and need something to support my pole, as it were. Any info appreciated. 

Phil M0PBZ

David (G7IXU)

Phil,

Barenco certainly do them

Ground Supports | Barenco

73 David G7IXU

From: sdarc@groups.io <sdarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Phil (M0PBZ)
Sent: 20 August 2021 11:44
To: sdarc@groups.io
Subject: [sdarc] Source of mobile drive-on supports

Hi,

Does anyone know where one can source one of those drive-on mast supports? I am planning on doing some portable work and need something to support my pole, as it were. Any info appreciated. 

Phil M0PBZ

James (M1DST)

There are quite a few options on ebay and the normal suppliers.

There's even one on ebay you can put a rotator on.

A number of the normal suppliers are out of stock though.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 at 11:44, Phil (M0PBZ) <phil.m0pbz@...> wrote:
Hi,

Phil M0PBZ

Den (M0ACM)

The galvanised one owned by the Club came from Tennamast.

It is built like a tank and four of them would make the Eiffel Tower portable!!

The downside to the strength is that it is RIGID, it doesnt fold for storage!

An alternative source to check might be Barenco.

Den.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 20/08/2021 11:44 am (GMT+00:00)
To: sdarc@groups.io
Subject: [sdarc] Source of mobile drive-on supports

Hi,

Phil M0PBZ

Phil (M0PBZ)

Thanks very much. I didn't realise that Barenco are just 7 miles from my home town. Was there a few weeks back, doh!

Seriously, many thanks for the brilliant response ! I will probably only use it once but I like portable working - although my efforts tend to be more transportable as half the shack seems to go with me.

Phil M0PBZ   

Dom (2E0WHQ)

Hi Phil,

As well as the monster mast mounted on top of my wagon, I also have a SOTABEAM drive-on mast support. It's absolutely excellent for supporting fibreglass poles. The good thing about it is that it breaks down in to two parts, so it doesn't take up much room at all in the back of the wagon. Most of the others are all rigid and in a 'L' shape, so they take up a lot of room in the boot. I wish I had known you were looking as I could have shown it to you last night. It's a great bit of kit. Unfortunately they look like they might be out of stock at the moment, but worth giving them a call.

https://www.sotabeams.co.uk/drive-on-car-stand-for-masts/

Dom, 2E0WHQ