Free frames on Thursday?

Marc (M0KYB)

Hi all,

At my workplace we throw away dozens of perfectly good picture frames every month. Obviously, this is a real shame, and I would rather find a good home for them. The reason? When the valuable prints, maps or paintings inside these frames are sold to buyers and they can't collect in person (many are abroad), it is not economical (or safe) to ship the frames so we take them out and ship them frameless.

If there is interest, I will bring as many as I can fit in my car along to Barbury this Thursday coming and club members can help themselves. They come in all sizes, large and small, mostly expensive custom-made frames. Most still have the inside mount, glazing and fixings.

Marc

Den (M0ACM)

Sounds an ideal eco friendly, Club member friendly idea. Nice one Marc.

We can all frame our Licence(s) and EMF Assessments (!) in such 'worthy' frames that not even Offnuts would have the temerity to challenge them!!

Can you bring some to P'trees when we reconvene there too please?

Den

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022, 4:57 PM Marc (M0KYB) <marc@...> wrote:
Hi all,

At my workplace we throw away dozens of perfectly good picture frames every month. Obviously, this is a real shame, and I would rather find a good home for them. The reason? When the valuable prints, maps or paintings inside these frames are sold to buyers and they can't collect in person (many are abroad), it is not economical (or safe) to ship the frames so we take them out and ship them frameless.

If there is interest, I will bring as many as I can fit in my car along to Barbury this Thursday coming and club members can help themselves. They come in all sizes, large and small, mostly expensive custom-made frames. Most still have the inside mount, glazing and fixings.

Marc

James (M1DST)

Obviously I'm the only one who thought you might be burning them to offset the increase in the price of gas? ;-)