CQWW SSB.

Den (M0ACM)

I thought I had shared this on Monday evening! Just found it in Drafts, so I clearly didn't! ....

Didn't get motivated till mid Saturday am!
Speedily put up an EFHW wire for 20m.

Operated a few hours Sat afternoon, later evening and then on Sunday 'as and when' . With a little 'popgun' station, everything was S&P !

Entered as Single Op, 100w, unassisted, 20m only, Classic (but only amassed 13/24 hours).

Totalled 216 Qs from 6 Continents, 55 Countries in 17 Zones. Claimed 21,600 in all.

The DX Multiples:
19 USA, 4 Canada, 2 Brazil, 2 Canaries and 2 Cyprus.

DX Singles:
Australia (Queensland), Thailand, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Madeira, Cape Verde, Antigua & Barbuda, Morocco, Curacao, Argentina.

Plus 37 EU Countries - of which only 28 Qs to Italian Shower rooms... many of whom I found stamping all over - about 50Hz up from the wanted DX !!  I suffered by not having a beam !

Was surprised to work 3 Ukrainians considering the situation.

Only heard Marc from SDARC.

Map attached. Aerial worked well. A fun weekend in the end. Didn't actually look up condx! Anybody else do enough to be satisfied?

Acme

Neal (M7TDV)

Well done Den, an awesome effort. Your pin map makes mine look like a desert.

I just did 10m for a few minutes here and there on the Saturday. 10w into my loft fan dipole. Happy to work Tunisia for the first time on 10m. I'll be even happier next year when I have more time... fingers crossed.

Neal

Den (M0ACM)

Hi Neal,

Let's get the comparisons balanced... your 10W SSB from a loft located aerial into the middle of SA is no bad effort in anybody's opinion. Well done!

73
Den

On Wed, Nov 2, 2022, 10:19 PM Neal (M7TDV) <ttblood@...> wrote:
Well done Den, an awesome effort. Your pin map makes mine look like a desert.

I just did 10m for a few minutes here and there on the Saturday. 10w into my loft fan dipole. Happy to work Tunisia for the first time on 10m. I'll be even happier next year when I have more time... fingers crossed.

Neal

Graham (G4OED)

Hi Den,

My conditions were similar to yours with quite similar results, except I took longer!

Single Operator, 100W, 15m, Classic, Dipole in the loft.

220 Q’s, 55 countries, 16 zones. No Oceania, but I did work China and half of the Caribbean (well 9 anyway).  Claimed 29,820.

22/24 hours worked.

Graham G4OED

On 2 Nov 2022, at 22:32, Den (M0ACM) <denf.acm@...> wrote:

Hi Neal,

Let's get the comparisons balanced... your 10W SSB from a loft located aerial into the middle of SA is no bad effort in anybody's opinion. Well done!

73
Den

On Wed, Nov 2, 2022, 10:19 PM Neal (M7TDV) <ttblood@...> wrote:
Well done Den, an awesome effort. Your pin map makes mine look like a desert.

I just did 10m for a few minutes here and there on the Saturday. 10w into my loft fan dipole. Happy to work Tunisia for the first time on 10m. I'll be even happier next year when I have more time... fingers crossed.

Neal

Graham (G4OED)

Just sorted this out.

Graham

image0.png

On 3 Nov 2022, at 11:17, GRAHAM PERRY <grahperry@...> wrote:

[...]

A nice pattern. Good going.

I guess condx were "good" bcos I have never worked Thailand from here !
Most chufflellated ! Good fun!

On Thu, Nov 3, 2022, 11:31 AM Graham (G4OED) via groups.io <grahperry=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just sorted this out.

Graham

[...]

Marc (M0KYB)

Well done everyone, good to see several club members took part in CQWW SSB. I heard Den, Tony and James.
I've only just recovered to be honest, having done a 42 hour stint ( 2 x 21 hours with 6 hours sleep in the middle). Then followed by another long night on Tuesday evening on the hill in very bad weather and getting absolutely soaked packing up, this HAM radio business does take it out of you!

Propagation was excellent, especially on 10m. I managed quite a few new conquests, including Hawaii, Nepal, Namibia and several others. Got several Australian and New Zealand stations on the long path Saturday morning. I ran unassisted this time, and preferred it to be honest. Less distractions and avoids wasting lots of time on breaking pile-ups. But I probably did miss a few 'nuggets' as a result. Mostly S&P operation but I did have a successful long RUN on 20m of about 90 minutes of continuous traffic and 180 contacts in a row, I was quite disappointed when it eventually stopped!

Stats and band maps shown below:

10m QSO band map

15m QSO band map

20m QSO band map

40m QSO band map

80m QSO band map

G6UAJ Paul Longstaff

Nice work Marc, you are a machine.

You were not alone in getting very wet and cold, packing up on Tuesday night.

Paul G6UAJ

On 03/11/2022, 15:29 "Marc (M0KYB)" <marc@...> wrote:
[...]

For those interested, the RAW scores are now available to view here :

https://www.cqww.com/raw.htm?mode=ph

Very happy with my results (before adjudication) shown below.

Marc

Simon (G4WQG)

Well done Marc..

Here is mine🤣

Den (M0ACM)

Nice one Marc.

From what I can see I am 37th in the Low Single Unass World section list, 4th in the UK in that section and 1st in the UK Classic in that section - until the checling happens !!!

Whatever, I am as happy with the scores so far as I was with the weekend.

Acme

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022, 2:11 PM Marc (M0KYB) <marc@...> wrote:
For those interested, the RAW scores are now available to view here :

https://www.cqww.com/raw.htm?mode=ph

Very happy with my results (before adjudication) shown below.

Marc

Graham (G4OED)

As this seems to be trending, here’s mine!

I might even get a point towards SCC.  MW8R scored 134,676 so it depends on how many QSO’s we both lose!

image0.jpeg
Graham

On 7 Nov 2022, at 16:02, Den (M0ACM) <denf.acm@...> wrote:

Nice one Marc.

From what I can see I am 37th in the Low Single Unass World section list, 4th in the UK in that section and 1st in the UK Classic in that section - until the checling happens !!!

Whatever, I am as happy with the scores so far as I was with the weekend.

Acme

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022, 2:11 PM Marc (M0KYB) <marc@...> wrote:
For those interested, the RAW scores are now available to view here :

https://www.cqww.com/raw.htm?mode=ph

Very happy with my results (before adjudication) shown below.

Marc

CQWW_2022_RAW_Scores.jpg