Coax type query - 2nd opinions please

Den (M0ACM)

Hey guys,

Anyone with experience of extending LTE (4G) signals using coax between an external antenna and an internal router?

I need circa 5m of coax with sma M to F.
The question is: what coax type ?

Many offerings on line suggest "parcel tape" ... (sorry RG58 !!) They joke too, surely!!

Others offer RG174 or a more expensive 5D-FB (but with an N type fitting.

RG174's "top freq" is shown as 1GHz but LTE on "ee" runs at 1.8GHz as I understand it.

A shortish length is needed (~5m)...

Is RG174 a reasonable loss compromise??

What do you think ?

Den

James (M1DST)

For best performance, you would use something like LMR400.  This is about the same size as RG213 but is screened well.  I can probably dig you out a short length and I even have the N connectors and crimp tool.  Let me know if that helps and provide a more accurate length.   If you want different connectors you could buy them and I'll fit them for you.

DST