Club 24/03/22 - Apologies

Dom - 2E0WHQ

Hi All,

Due to continued cold/flu symptoms, I've decided not come and spread my germs around the club tonight, as I don't think any of you would thanks me. 😊
Shame, as I was looking forward to James' talk, as I've got home automation myself, but possibly not to the extent that James has.
Hopefully I will have shaken this cold off by next week.

73

Dom, 2E0WHQ

Paul - G0EPC

I will also not be attending this evening as I also started the week with Cold/flu symptoms and tested for covid on Tuesday, which was positive!!

Feeling better today, but have to retest on Sunday.

Paul G0EPC

Andy Sharman G0UWS/M1G

Evening.

I also will not be attending tonight, whilst I have no symptoms of COVID-19, it is currently impacting 2 of my household.

Really a shame as I also have some automation but nothing like James has & was looking forward to it.

Andy

Tony (G4LDL)

Hi all, Well I will be there tonight but will be wearing a mask because I have been near to people who have tested positive for COVID recently. I have no symptoms and tested NEGATIVE this morning.

73 Tony, G4LDL.

Dom - 2E0WHQ

Just to update on this.

As my symptoms had appeared to be more cold and flu-like symptoms and I haven't left the house since last weekend, I hadn't bothered taking a COVID test as I live on my own and there didn't seem to be much point. However, with the weekend approaching and Mother's Day on Sunday, I thought I'd best take a COVID test this morning. Guess what, the test was POSITIVE, so it's just as well I didn't come up the club last night.

As an aside and probably quite speculative, the only place that I have mixed closely with any people over the last few weeks is actually up the club.

Fortunately, my symptoms seem to be nothing more than a bad cold.

May I wish all of our members and their families, who may have got COVID, a very speedy recovery. Hope to see you all again soon.

73

Dom, 2E0WHQ

Tony (G4LDL)

For what it’s worth Dom, Covid appears to be rife at the moment. Appearsthat I have been amongst people who turned out to have Covid in 3 different places over the last 7 days which is why I wore a mask at Club last night.

So far no symptoms for me (a heavy cold seems to be the main type of symptom reported) and a negative  test – but only 3 test kits left!

Take care, Tony, G4LDL.

[...]

Club 31/03/22

All,

I've just done a COVID test and it would appear that I'm now clear. However, as I still have a bit of a cough, I've decided that I'm going to play it safe and I'll not be up the club again this evening. I will however be out on Tuesday for the RSGB 144Mhz FMAC. Please can someone remind everyone, during parish notices, that we need as many members on as possible to maintain our lead. Many thanks.

Hope to see you all next week.

Take care,

73

Dom, 2E0WHQ

James (M1DST)

Hope you're feeling better though Dom.

I also won't be there tonight.

James

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 at 16:05, Dom - 2E0WHQ <domwilko@...> wrote:
Club 31/03/22

All,

I've just done a COVID test and it would appear that I'm now clear. However, as I still have a bit of a cough, I've decided that I'm going to play it safe and I'll not be up the club again this evening. I will however be out on Tuesday for the RSGB 144Mhz FMAC. Please can someone remind everyone, during parish notices, that we need as many members on as possible to maintain our lead. Many thanks.

Hope to see you all next week.

Take care,

73

Dom, 2E0WHQ

Den (M0ACM)

'fraid not me either.
Den

elwyn.carter@...

Glad you are all getting better, I am now testing negative but still have a bit of a cough and cant hear very well with my left ear it sounds blocked. So will not be coming to club tonight, hope to make it next week.

Elwyn

I've just done a COVID test and it would appear that I'm now clear. However, as I still have a bit of a cough, I've decided that I'm going to play it safe and I'll not be up the club again this evening. I will however be out on Tuesday for the RSGB 144Mhz FMAC. Please can someone remind everyone, during parish notices, that we need as many members on as possible to maintain our lead. Many thanks.

Hope to see you all next week.

Take care,

73

Dom, 2E0WHQ

Tony (G4LDL)

I will remind all at Club tonight.
I will also mention that I will NOT be on for 2m next Tuesday or 70cms the following Tuesday.
Tony, G4LDL.

Simon (G4WQG)

I will also apologise as will as not available on the Tuesday  FMAC..

Simon