Hi

Chris - 2E0GGU

Was speaking to Dom, 2E0WHQ, on this evenings Net, GB3WH.
I wasn't able to come to the presentation, last Thursday on antenna analysers. I have a Nano VNA and would appreciate some help with it. I know the basics, calibration, VSWR measurement.

Dom - 2E0WHQ

Hi Chris,

Welcome to groups.io, obviously my instructions worked. ūüėä

As there are many different versions of Nano VNAs, are you able to identify the model you have? Perhaps post a picture of it or post the model number.
If you look through some of the other posts, there has been some discussions about the Nano VNA SAA-2N, which is the one with the metal case and N Type connectors.

Dom, 2E0WHQ

Den (M0ACM)

Hi Chris.
Re your Nano. One of my key messages on Thursday last was that there are so many Members who have one version or other of the Nanovna, that it was a 'sitting duck' as an activity for an Activity Night if people brought theirs and we ran impromptu 'workshops' where Members share hints and tricks with eachother. 

Thoughts ? ...

Chris - 2E0GGU

Hi Den.

That would be a great idea, when is the next activities night, this Thursday?

Chris - 2E0GGU 

From: sdarc@groups.io <sdarc@groups.io> on behalf of Den (M0ACM) <denf.acm@...>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2022 10:51:09 PM
To: sdarc@groups.io <sdarc@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [sdarc] Hi

Hi Chris.
Re your Nano. One of my key messages on Thursday last was that there are so many Members who have one version or other of the Nanovna, that it was a 'sitting duck' as an activity for an Activity Night if people brought theirs and we ran impromptu 'workshops' where Members share hints and tricks with eachother. 

Thoughts ? ...

Den (M0ACM)

Chris ... at al...

Yes, THIS week is an Activity Evening, so lets see if there are any takers for bringing their Nanos and trying out a few things?

Anybody on for this ? .......

Den

Viv Williams

Hi All,
    Sounds  like a good ldea  for an activity night.   Is the 17th March too far away  as it is the  next  vacant activity night.,  or I could combine it with the TD help night .

Regards

viv

On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 at 22:51, Den (M0ACM) <denf.acm@...> wrote:
Hi Chris.

Thoughts ? ...

Chris - 2E0GGU

Hi Den

Yes please I would like a bit of help with my Nano VNA, good of you to offer. I'll bring it to the club today.

Chris

From: sdarc@groups.io <sdarc@groups.io> on behalf of Den (M0ACM) <denf.acm@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2022 8:46:03 AM

Chris ... at al...

Yes, THIS week is an Activity Evening, so lets see if there are any takers for bringing their Nanos and trying out a few things?

Anybody on for this ? .......

Den

Mike (G4HGV)

Hi Den and Chris,
I will put my SAA-2N vna in the car.
Mike

Chris - 2E0GGU

Thanks Mike, see you later.

I've an AnyTone AT-778UV 2m 70cm transceiver. I suspect the finals are 'cooked' a little. Quoted output power is 5, 15 and 25W. My new dummy load arrived today, checked out okay. I did measure the power output of my radio and it was 5, 14 and 22W on 2m and 3.9, 11.2 and 16.4W on 70cm's. There is a short piece of coax from the transceiver to the SWR meter. I held down the PTT for 6 seconds to test power o/p. Beceause of the short piece of coax it did radiate a little so apologies if I've caused a problem to anyone  having a QSO in my local vicinity.

Chris

From: sdarc@groups.io <sdarc@groups.io> on behalf of Mike (G4HGV) <mleach@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2022 8:58:58 AM

Hi Den and Chris,
I will put my SAA-2N vna in the car.
Mike