Random Length EFLW - Balun availability

Tony (G4LDL)

Those who are interested in obtaining one of the BALUNS mentioned, don't worry if you can't get one as there will be a few available shortly via SDARC (more correctly from me!).

Marc (M0KYB)

Yes well done Tony, I noticed on his website that SDARC had purchased a quantity. If it's the 400W version I'll have one please Tony if that's alright?

Thanks

Marc
M0KYB

Simon (G4WQG)

I would be interested in this too.. Add me to the list Tony

Simon L S Harris
G4WQG

chris.g4bpo@...

Hi Tony,

I too would like to add one of your baluns to my collection of antenna kit – but only after everyone else who wants one is catered for.

Best regards and stay safe,  Chris

From: sdarc@groups.io <sdarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony (G4LDL) via groups.io
Sent: 17 January 2022 17:30
To: sdarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [sdarc] Random Length EFLW - Balun availability

Those who are interested in obtaining one of the BALUNS mentioned, don't worry if you can't get one as there will be a few available shortly via SDARC (more correctly from me!).

Simon (G4WQG)

Me too please Tony

Simon L S Harris
G4WQG

David (G7IXU) <david.welch.g7ixu@...>

Was anything ever so inappropriately named ? If we have to consult a table of calculated wire lengths to determine how long our non-resonant, end-fed wire antenna needs to be, then it’s length is anything but random !!

It’s either resonant and needs a 49:1 UNUN or it’s non-resonant (random frequency ?) and needs a 9:1 UNUN.

When I raised the question of auto ATU’s before Christmas, members felt that for them, they were not really necessary, as an appropriate UNUN would enable coax feed back to the shack and a manual ATU (if needed) close to the rig. I’m not sure that we’re comfortable these days with radiating wires terminating in the shack as Peter Waters did.

I’ve made my own 49:1 UNUN, but feel that perhaps a 9:1 would be more versatile for just chucking up that random frequency wire.

Great topic, thanks Dom.

David G7IXU

From: sdarc@groups.io <sdarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony (G4LDL) via groups.io
Sent: 17 January 2022 17:30
To: sdarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [sdarc] Random Length EFLW - Balun availability