Swindon New LED Lighting #QRN #QRM

Dom - 2E0WHQ

So, at stupid o'clock this morning, the council turned up outside my property to change the street lamps over to new LED lighting. They changed the lights at both the front and rear of my property. The lamp at the rear is probably no more than 5m away from my HF antennas and about 10m away from my 70cm, 2m & 6m colinear.

This evening, using as many of my outside antennas as I could. I turned on multiple radios and listened across multiple HF, VHF and UHF bands and waited with baited breath for the new LED lights to come on, fearing the worst. Just after 18:00, the lights came on..........

And, nothing! No QRM, not a sausage! I breathed a sigh of relief!

Den (M0ACM)

Yes, I have has an led light dead opposite the front of my house for close to a year...and nothing!

Not as close as you but good to hear your experience is similar.

.... Else we would have to ask the Borough about their EMF compliance !! ;)

.....there might be a silver lining to the emf grey cloud.. EN55051 seems to be being ignored maybe emf will be an alternative avenue!

Acme

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021, 6:36 PM Dom (2E0WHQ) <domwilko@...> wrote:
So, at stupid o'clock this morning, the council turned up outside my property to change the street lamps over to new LED lighting. They changed the lights at both the front and rear of my property. The lamp at the rear is probably no more than 5m away from my HF antennas and about 10m away from my 70cm, 2m & 6m colinear.

This evening, using as many of my outside antennas as I could. I turned on multiple radios and listened across multiple HF, VHF and UHF bands and waited with baited breath for the new LED lights to come on, fearing the worst. Just after 18:00, the lights came on..........

And, nothing! No QRM, not a sausage! I breathed a sigh of relief!

Tony (G4LDL)

I'm hoping that when they change ours from the old sodium the QRN will reduce!
LDL.