Re: EMF Calculation - No Inverted V #EMF

Den (M0ACM)

Telling lies again !... THIS is the final final final on this (mis-named!) collinear thread !!...

I've checked the Diamond specs.
The V2000 is advertised with a gain of 2.15dBi on 50 megs.

I have added that to the RSGB table for the "collinear" (since the other two bands' gains match the Diamond specs for 2 and 70) and, in true allegiance  to last night's format, I copy below the appropriate data screen grabs which I trust will zoom up OK when you extract them.
(Just in case: 6m FM 100W 50% TX;RX; 15m of RG213; Collinear, Vertical at 5.5m agl; zero extra attenuation.)
image.png
As you see below, the results come back requiring zero horizontal separation and an EZ vertical of 2.7 metres.
Since the base of your ant is at 5.5metres you have 3.7 metres "spare" vertical capacity to go standing on (but not falling offt!) ladders etc!!
image.png
Right NOW it's coffee !!

73

Den

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 at 01:50, Dom (2E0WHQ) <domwilko@...> wrote:
Thanks Den,

I was just trying to get ahead of the game by checking my HF antennas. I'm fine with my current 2m/70cm Colinear setup, mainly due to my Diamond V2000 antenna being 5.5m up on a scaffold pole half way down the garden. Curiously though, the calculator won't allow me to use the same Colinear antenna for 6m. It asks me to 'use different antenna'. The V2000 is a tri-band Colinear covering 70cm, 2m and 6m, but the calculator won't allow you to use a Colinear for 6m.

If I continue with the Colinear, it says I'm compliant based on height, as does the calculation if I use a Vertical Dipole as the 6m antenna.

Whilst the calculator is good, it's clear that there are still quite a few issues with it. I'm sure they'll get ironed out over time.

73

Dom.