Re: EMF Calculation - No Inverted V #EMF

Den (M0ACM)

Dom,
I have just done a run on the IcnirpCalc and attach results page for 6M for the V2000.
I have assumed some pretty 'standard' condx with 15m of RG213 and an ant height of 5m
Mode FM and 50% TX:RX with 100W from TX
You will see it suggests a "Safety Distance" (EZ) of 1.68m.
144MHz with the same setup advises an EZ of 2.52m
Hope that helps
Den

image.png
image.png

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 at 01:50, Dom (2E0WHQ) <domwilko@...> wrote:
Thanks Den,

I was just trying to get ahead of the game by checking my HF antennas. I'm fine with my current 2m/70cm Colinear setup, mainly due to my Diamond V2000 antenna being 5.5m up on a scaffold pole half way down the garden. Curiously though, the calculator won't allow me to use the same Colinear antenna for 6m. It asks me to 'use different antenna'. The V2000 is a tri-band Colinear covering 70cm, 2m and 6m, but the calculator won't allow you to use a Colinear for 6m.

If I continue with the Colinear, it says I'm compliant based on height, as does the calculation if I use a Vertical Dipole as the 6m antenna.

Whilst the calculator is good, it's clear that there are still quite a few issues with it. I'm sure they'll get ironed out over time.

73

Dom.