Re: ICOM Memory Keypad Kit

Tony (G4LDL)

One for me please James.
Tony, G4LDL.

On 15 Oct 2021 17:56, "James (M1DST)" <james@...> wrote:
Hi all,

A few weeks ago I considered designing a project to control my IC9700 voice memories.  Before embarking on a new project I always check if someone has already done it first.  The obvious contender is the SotaBeams ContestConsole but that costs £70.  Far too much for what it is.  I then came across a project from ON5IA which did exactly what I wanted.  Rather than reinvent the wheel, I decided just to use this project and move on.

Mentioning it to a few club members who said they would like to build one, I had the PCBs manufactured and sourced all the components to populate it.  I then designed a two part case which protects the PCB.

I have around 10 kits available for purchase at £15

For this you will get a kit of parts and a plastic case to solder yourself including the 8 pin radio plugs/sockets.  It should take about 90 minutes to build and there are only through-hole parts to solder.

You are also able to plug a headset into it including a footswitch without the need for a dongle.  You can just plug your existing microphone in instead though.

Attached are some photos of the build and parts.

Once they are gone, they are gone.  This was just a project for me which I scaled up to assist you as a single purchase would cost significantly more than the bulk price I achieved.

If you want one, let me know asap and I will reserve one for you.