locked Re: Antenna Query

Andy Sharman G0UWS/M1G

Sent on behalf of Den M0ACM although a view I also share as a moderator.

I have to admit that when I saw Gareth's initial comment knocking the Foundation Licensing-to-Full Licence model, I felt extremely uncomfortable with that opinion.

However, personal opinion is just that and so is free speech in the UK ...to a point.

I did receive some PMs after the initial post asking "what the #@*& ?" and alluding to the supposed extinction of dynasaurs, however, in the interests of gaining opinions on the topic from elsewhere, I opted to sit on my hands for a few days.

Regrettably, the tone has now become much less an opinion about a scheme - which as Marc has said from personal experience - has done the hobby massive amounts of good, and more a rant by one licensed amateur about (and deliberately re-naming) the national voice for UK Radio Amateurs.

THIS is not productive; it is not helpful to others and is not the reason for the existence of this forum.

Whilst we respect that you may have a personal opinion on many things, Gareth, THIS forum is not your conduit to express that negativity.

LET THIS NOW BE THE END OF THAT NEGATIVE THREAD. Thank you.

Den (moderator)