locked Re: Antenna Query

Andy Sharman G0UWS/M1G

Sent on behalf of Den M0ACM although a view I also share as a moderator.

I have to admit that when I saw Gareth's initial comment knocking the Foundation Licensing-to-Full Licence model, I felt extremely uncomfortable with that opinion.

However, personal opinion is just that and so is free speech in the UK ...to a point.

I did receive some PMs after the initial post asking "what the #@*& ?" and alluding to the supposed extinction of dynasaurs, however, in the interests of gaining opinions on the topic from elsewhere, I opted to sit on my hands for a few days.

Regrettably, the tone has now become much less an opinion about a scheme - which as Marc has said from personal experience - has done the hobby massive amounts of good, and more a rant by one licensed amateur about (and deliberately re-naming) the national voice for UK Radio Amateurs. 

THIS is not productive; it is not helpful to others and is not the reason for the existence of this forum.

Whilst we respect that you may have a personal opinion on many things, Gareth, THIS forum is not your conduit to express that negativity.

LET THIS NOW BE THE END OF THAT NEGATIVE THREAD. Thank you.

Den (moderator)

Join sdarc@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.