Re: Direction Finding Experiment - 70cm

James (M1DST)

Would be interesting to park near the Blunsdon mast and remove your antenna.  Or start applying attenuation.

On Fri, 10 Sept 2021 at 12:22, Dom (2E0WHQ) <domwilko@...> wrote:
Mike (G4HGV),

I went for a drive yesterday, before club and as I drove down the 419, out of Swindon, towards Fairford, the signal was S9+60dB (end stop) as I passed the masts on the top of Blunsdon hill. I had my squelch full on and it was still breaking it as I drove past. The signal then declined the further I got down the hill. I then drove the perimeter of RAF Fairford and the signal was no where near as strong.
On my return back to Swindon, as I drove up the A419, the signal again reached S9+60dB as I drove up the hill at Blunsdon.

Dom, 2E0WHQ