Re: CQWW SSB 2021 edition

David (G7IXU) <david.welch.g7ixu@...>

Some fantastic results there, congratulations to everyone.

I too dipped in and out, not sure how many hours, certainly less than 10, my results were:

QSO’s: 53

DXCC: 32

Zones: 10

I’ll just be submitting a check log.

Station is a Yaesu FT-950 at 100w, into 40m and 20m dipoles connected to a common centre at 15’ to 18’.

I didn’t manage any new countries but was impressed by the pile ups for Aruba and Reunion Island. No chance of breaking through, so well done Dom for bagging both of them … and others. Happy to get 3A3A and Z60A.

I think I could do with some tutoring on getting the best out of the FT-950’s DSP features. 40m and 20m were packed solid and I was constantly battling the high pitched sounds of stations just off the station I was trying to listen to.

What logging programs were you guys using, were they counting up your score as you went along?

Best 73

David G7IXU