Re: CQWW SSB 2021 edition

Marc (M0KYB)

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 01:32 PM, Dom (2E0WHQ) wrote:
Really interesting looking at the QSO Maps. It looks like both Marc and I were pretty much working the same areas, despite the difference in power and antennas
Yes, I agree, don't think my results would be vastly different with 50W to be honest. The directionality of the hex beam made all the difference. The SPID rotator worked as hard as I did, constantly turning. Alt J in N1MM+ to automatically turn the beam to the exact heading of the station being worked. It is not a superfast rotator, 100 seconds to do a full 360 degrees @ 13.8V. I will have to feed it with the full 18V next year to get an extra 10 seconds of turning speed ...

Shame I didn't get to work Australia or New Zealand, I could faintly hear them but was not able to work them. I also heard Antartica, but couldn't break through the pile-up.

Marc