Re: CQWW SSB 2021 edition

Dom - 2E0WHQ

Great to see, hear and work some of the other club members during the CQWW Contest.

I chose to work across the weekend, with my plan to work DX rather than numbers. Whilst I like working these exotic destinations on FT8, I also like to get them in my log on SSB and this weekend didn't disappoint. I worked on 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m & 10m. As well as working some great DX, probably one of the most pleasurable parts of the contest was the absolutely cracking DX and propagation on 10m on Sunday morning.

DX highlights for me were:
Aruba, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, China, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Reunion Island, Trinidad & Tobago.

I also final got to work 3A3A (Monaco), who I needed for the club contest. Unfortunately C3 (Andorra managed to elude me, despite several tries).

My working conditions:

ICOM IC-7300
50w
Homemade 20m Inverted V, Homemade EFLW Inverted L, Multi-Band Vertical (which packed up in the high winds sending the SWR all over the place)
Sennheiser Headphones

Hours on the air: Around 15 hours, but I was doing a lot of dipping in-and-out, so adding it up, it will be about 15 hours.

I entered as Mult-Band, Single Operator, Unassisted, Low Power.

197 QSO
20 Zones
37 Countries
43,512 Points

My QSO Map:

All-in-all, a great weekend on the radio and a lot of fun.

73
Dom, 2E0WHQ