Topics

Opinions requested...

Harold Grovesteen

Right in the middle of working on the Guide, my PC had a disaster and
then some. Fortunately it was not the PC itself, although I had to
backup a bunch of data, install a new OS, install and configure the
programs I use. Oh, and of course restore the data.

As an aside, I have left openSUSE behind and am using Kubutu. Much
happier.

The net of that is I had not built Hercules since 2016. I decided to
go with SDL Hyperion. While I believe the ipl scripts will operate
with even 3.13, my tests today produce different output than reside in
the repository. SDL Hyperion is just different.

Would you prefer that the Hercules listing in the guide directories
remain as they are, or make them consistent with where SATK will be in
the future, that is, using SDL Hyperion?

Harold Grovesteen

Bert Lindeman

Harold,

Although I do not have even started to get into SATK I would prefer the doc to be future prepared.

Thank you, Harold,
Bert

Fish Fish

Harold Grovesteen wrote:

<snip>

Sorry to hear about your disaster. Such incidences are never any fun. :(

[...]
The net of that is I had not built Hercules since 2016.
I decided to go with SDL Hyperion.
:))

While I believe the ipl scripts will operate with even 3.13,
my tests today produce different output than reside in the
repository. SDL Hyperion is just different.
(Duh!)

Would you prefer that the Hercules listing in the guide
directories remain as they are, or make them consistent
with where SATK will be in the future, that is, using
SDL Hyperion?
Well you KNOW what my answer is obviously going to be!

;-)

--
"Fish" (David B. Trout)
Software Development Laboratories