From: ldupr@...
Sent: 2 February 2018 2:06 p.m.
To: sar-l@groups.io
Reply to: sar-l@groups.io
Subject: [sar-l] RIP -ANDRE KRITZINGER

Our father André Kritzinger passed away this morning at about (ETA for the SALM friends). This is now the saddest day of my life. He died peacefully whilst André E Kritzinger was bathing him. I will inform you all of the funeral arrangements.

Dawie Kuyler

This is very unexpected and so sad. My condolences to the family. I never had the opportunity to meet him, but I know that we lost a great man.
Best regards,
Dawie Kuyler.

On 02 Feb 2018 16:06, "du Preez" <ldupr@...> wrote:

Our father André Kritzinger passed away this morning at about (ETA for the SALM friends). This is now the saddest day of my life. He died peacefully whilst André E Kritzinger was bathing him. I will inform you all of the funeral arrangements.

Pierre And Corry

André’s passing is a great loss to his family and to our railway world. He stuck it out with an indomitable fighting spirit which was an example to all, just as he tackled the mammoth task of writing up and photographing South African locomotives for Wikipedia, a huge favour he has done for students of history and our railways.

André was a feisty personality with a great sense of humour and always a true gentleman. He will be sorely missed on this forum where he added such value through many years of contribution. I’ll miss seeing his name cropping up here time and again and always with something worth reading. May he rest n peace and may his family find peace too after their loss.

In  sympathy, and respect,

Pierre de Wet

This is very unexpected and so sad. My condolences to the family. I never had the opportunity to meet him, but I know that we lost a great man.

Best regards,

Dawie Kuyler.

On 02 Feb 2018 16:06, "du Preez" <ldupr@...> wrote:

Our father André Kritzinger passed away this morning at about (ETA for the SALM friends). This is now the saddest day of my life. He died peacefully whilst André E Kritzinger was bathing him. I will inform you all of the funeral arrangements.

Les Smith

Very sad news indeed!

My I add my condolences to the family as well.

Sad regards,

Les S.

This is very unexpected and so sad. My condolences to the family. I never had the opportunity to meet him, but I know that we lost a great man.
Best regards,
Dawie Kuyler.

On 02 Feb 2018 16:06, "du Preez" <ldupr@...> wrote:

Our father André Kritzinger passed away this morning at about (ETA for the SALM friends). This is now the saddest day of my life. He died peacefully whilst André E Kritzinger was bathing him. I will inform you all of the funeral arrangements.

Stan Long

I never knew Andrè personally, but grew to respect him greatly through his contributions to this list. His dedication in writing up the history of SA locomotives and his subtle sense of humour will be an abiding memory. Condolences to his family and may he rest in peace.

Stan

André Kritzinger

This is Andre Jr, the colonel son

Our father André Kritzinger passed away this morning at about (ETA for the SALM friends). This is now the saddest day of my life. He died peacefully whilst André E Kritzinger was bathing him. I will inform you all of the funeral arrangements

https://www.facebook.com/annemarie.kritzinger.14/posts/319444495232263 (post by my sister earlier today)

My dad always talked about the all the online groups and I know he was well woven into the community, I wish to thank you all within the community, my dad really enjoyed getting advice and providing it on the odd occasion.  He asked me to reply to all the groups and I’m using the last email list.  Please forward to the people in the community as I don’t have the full lists unfortunately.

Andre E Kritzinger

Sent: 02 February, 2018 16:19

This is very unexpected and so sad. My condolences to the family. I never had the opportunity to meet him, but I know that we lost a great man.
Best regards,
Dawie Kuyler.

On 02 Feb 2018 16:06, "du Preez" <ldupr@...> wrote:

Our father André Kritzinger passed away this morning at about (ETA for the SALM friends). This is now the saddest day of my life. He died peacefully whilst André E Kritzinger was bathing him. I will inform you all of the funeral arrangements.

Dave Richardson

May I add my condolences and those of Sandstone Heritage Trust at the passing of Andre. I never met him but did correspond occasionally. His SAR loco classes on Wikipedia was a magnum opus and a valuable knowledge base for years to come. RIP Andre.

Kind Regards

Dave Richardson

Richard Gillatt

My condolences to Andres family.

Kind Regards,

Richard

May I add my condolences and those of Sandstone Heritage Trust at the passing of Andre. I never met him but did correspond occasionally. His SAR loco classes on Wikipedia was a magnum opus and a valuable knowledge base for years to come. RIP Andre.

Kind Regards

Dave Richardson

Image removed by sender.

Eddie_Barnes <eddie_barnes@...>

André's meticulous documentation of South Africa's railways is appreciated well beyond his native shores. Condolences from England to his family and friends.

J. Stuart Grossert

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018, Pierre And Corry wrote:

I too must add my condolences to the family. Andre has left a
wonderful legacy in the mammoth amount of work that did so well to
document SAR locomotives.

I can only echo Pierre's words, below and add that I always
admired his command of language and how he could write just a few
words to express his thoughts completely clearly.

May he rest in peace, Stuart

}André was a feisty personality with a great sense of humour and
}always a true gentleman. He will be sorely missed on this forum
}where he added such value through many years of contribution.
}I’ll miss seeing his name cropping up here time and again and
}always with something worth reading. May he rest n peace and may
}his family find peace too after their loss.
}
}In sympathy, and respect,
}
}Pierre de Wet
}

J. Stuart Grossert, HALIFAX, NS, Canada

William Smith

We have lost the most senior military officer on our list - my condolences to the family.
Is there any others on list who held citizen force military rank?
I managed to obtain the rank of Sergeant Major (WO2) in the citizen force
Bill

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 2:52 AM, J. Stuart Grossert <grossert@...> wrote:
[...]

John Middleton

I would just like to add my condolences to the family of Andre Kritzinger. We worked together on many of his pages and the effort and devotion was amazing, I sometimes wish I could match his level of energy. His passing is a great loss to the enthusiast fraternity in South Africa. May he rest in peace.

John Middleton

Washington, DC, USA