History by Locomotive 322
History by Locomotive no. 322 - 1981
* The ''John Bull'' operates under its own steam, at 150 years old the oldest operable steam locomotive in the world.
* TGV high-speed rail service begins between Paris and Lyon in France.
* Egyptian president Anwar Sadat is assassinated by the Egyptian Islamic Jihad led by Khalid Islambouli.
* Vice President Hosni Mubarak is elected President of Egypt one week after Anwar Sadat's assassination.
* In a coup in Ghana, President Hilla Limann is ousted by Flight Lieutenant Jerry Rawlings.
André, Cape Town
Converted from Horribly Oversized to Nano in 1978