History by Locomotive 311
History by Locomotive no. 311 - 1977
* Formula One driver Tom Pryce dies after colliding with a track marshal at the South African Grand Prix at Kyalami.
* A collision between KLM and Pan Am Boeing 747s at Tenerife kills 583.
* ''Star Wars'' opens in cinemas.
* American Roy Sullivan is struck by lightning for the seventh time.
* The ''Antipolis'', a Greek oil tanker, runs aground on the rocks near Oudekraal, Camps Bay.
* The Venpet-Venoil collision between two supertankers occurs off the coast of Cape St. Francis.
André, Cape Town
Converted from Horribly Oversized to Nano in 1978