toggle quoted message. . .
As an aside, one of the first
duties of the class 31 was to take over the shunt duties at Milner Park.
Complaints had been received from the Tennis players at the club about the
cinders being deposited on the All-Weather courts. Apparently a few ladies had
slipped on the cinders whilst playing Tennis, landing up in a very un-lady like
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2017 01:29
Subject: [sar-l] History by Locomotive
* The USS Nautilus becomes the first vessel to cross the North
Pole under water.
* H.F. Verwoerd becomes the 6th Prime Minister of South
* Penny Coelen is crowned as Miss World 1958, the first South
African to win the title.
* General Charles de Gaulle is elected president of France with
78.5% of the votes.
* Rebels under Che Guevara invade Santa Clara, Cuba and
President Batista resigns two days
Converted from Horribly Oversized to Nano in