Sent: 06 May, 2017 14:49
Subject: Re: [sar-l] History by Locomotive 266

The photo of the DS at the top of the article shows a very un-South African loco next to it! Les Pivnic says he thinks it was taken at the German factory in 1938.
Regarding the fate of the loco, I saw it standing at Braamfontein in about 1960. Perhaps it and the DS1 were transferred there together. I never saw either of them running.

John Faulkner

Join sar-l@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.